8.02.2012

H.S. Riot: July Mission is to Surf up the Ribs and just go Tipsy

Its on! After Bobeth's May, Emerald Isle comes our turn to treat the H.S. Gang.  And so I've been rooting for Cadi Shack Diner but then I have this inkling that if the late comers will be as consistent as ever they will definitely be lost (I know you know who you are; and that with the smile) so I've been browsing over for some convenient and new resto/diner that we could all hang out with. 

Below is my criteria for the said mission:

>New and Unique- its a first on the list hence it would be a bore if someone from the group have already experience the place and it shouldn't be the casual fastfood c*** thing (don't get me wrong but I do eat in fastfood if I'm on the run or I don't have any other choice;not really a health buff but not if you have the choice to).

>Affordable- of course, of all the criteria that I need to think of.  It should be within the means if not, Ken2x and I would be rastah men beggin' in the streets now (I call the beggars rastah man hence its more cooler than sayin' out the obvious;poetic here).

>Convenient in terms of the place- this was the last and least hence if I will consider the place, the choices would be limited plus it would add fun and excitement for the guys (shesh, reasons Paula).

After evaluating the location, Ken2x and I decided to go to Surfin' Ribs hence its just near in terms of venue and its accessible because its just along the road plus everyone doesn't know the place yet and Arch John was a bit excited to experience Surfin' Ribs due to his co workers insistent request or whatsoever.  As a good organizer as I am (zzzzzz, I slept over the statement, what's that again?!), I've posted the details in FB wall tagging them with Summer atmosphere theme and post a mag clip of Beach Boys (if you are on old school thing, you'll remember the boyband who had sang the famous Surfin' in the USA; well if your a neophyte to this world, we can compare them to the One Direction, nowadays;rolling of the eye) with the caption of Safari Surfin'.  Since the key word was Surfin' and it more of making our mood go back to summer plus its really like we went back to the hippie season due to the spicy food in the menu. Everyone confirmed that they'll be coming except for Egger, which is way out due to work schedules and B who at first was totally eager but eventually texted a last minute NO (whatever B!).  His reason was soooo, lets say dramatic, he have to finish recording and checking his students' papers (yeah right; if I were his student I wouldn't mind; you can just excuse yourself  Sir B by tomorrow, its totally okay with us).  Moving forward, I've also suggested the after place for us to hang out and do our blabbering and boisterous laughter in a cafe which was for me was sort of a destiny meets fate thing because the Sprockets cafe was just 2 blocks away from Surfin' Ribs.  Oh well, I've also thought that if they want another option, we can go to the 7/11 grand launch in 032 (area code of Cebu; just elaborating it further :)) hence there were live bands performing (Powerspoons;missed it) plus we can brain freeze ourselves if we want to (lol;really don't like people lining up just for a stupid snow cone with artificial flavor;waste of money).

All of my second pit stop opinion were not met hence people likes excitement and so we've decided to go to Tonyo's, to listen to the band and have some toxic waters (lol).  We have fun alright, we've been shouting over the performing band that it was AJ's birthday so that they can sing a Happy Birthday song to him (actually, his birthday was way back June;if you have read my Pink Friday post).  The performer is havin' a hard time hearing his name (what you deaf?).  And as soon as they have digested the words were shouting, they've sang the national anthem for birthdays (the composer of happy birthday should be rich by now;copy rights;well so much for piracy). The strawberry flavored margarita was popped opened (literally popped open), comes the endless fun.  The girls, including AJ had been passing out the shot glass when it was my turn, R deliberately hold the shot glass and swing the red liquid into her mouth and returned it back with absolutely no trace of the margarita and compulsion that she had it twice.  While she was doing this BE, AJ and me was totally awed and trying to hide our laughter hence the act was so confident that, afterwards she was confused and wondered why the next turn was hers again. By then that's the time that we couldn't hold our laughters and let out our hahas.  She was as well laughing to herself.  Pretty, much intoxicated with the margarita and Red horse, we called it a night and headed back home.  Thank you to J (BE's bf) who have a car and brought as all back home safely eventhough with the slight, almost colliding incident with the cab driver near Parklane Hotel, coz dear AJ had disapprove of the route and yes we almost, just almost have our nights in the under pass (thank you for the guardian angel who had inbetweened the car and the cab).  But before that, R was really optimistic and confident to tell us that she will go on her way and not join us coz she needs to buy something in the drugstore.  We asked her what will she buy, she just couldn't answer us coz she doesn't know what she's saying (its the alcohol talking).  So we insisted that she wouldn't proceed with her drugstore thing and just go home with us.

This is how we surf up.

chili wings @ Php 130

      
shrimp platter @ Php 149

spicy crab Php 320

pete's rib @ Php 159 w/ rice

AJ
Funny, is that R, was totally away from our venue and she texted me that she is already in Capitol which was a bit far from the place and she kept asking everyone in the 7/11 event where is Aviary which was the landmark that I've gave her (I'm innocent).  Now, in the car going to Tonyo's there's another laugh trip because Aviary, thinking as the word it is synonymous to birds-I thought it was some pet shop but AJ insisted that its not a pet shop but a massage parlor.  And Ken2x added that it offered special services and with that R totally spurred that it was a totally shame coz she was almost asking everyone in the 7/11 event if they know any place name Aviary (if you know what extra service mean;I don't have and don't like to elaborate at all;tehehehehe).  And I blurted out, "OMG, I know now, why its called Aviary now" (soo much for the birds;hahahaha)

R,J,BE & Ken2x

And because I'm the organizer I have the right to have a drunkard face drinking Minute Maid (hik).



P.S.
Ti'l our next exciting monthly mission, can't wait. BE gave us a teaser that it would be in a Comedy Bar.  As for me no more Minute Maid.  Below is the details for Surfin' Ribs.

G & A Arcade N. Escario St.
Twitter: @SurfinRibs
Mobile:   +63 917 937 1495
E-mail:   surfinribs@gmail.com 

Note:
They don't do reservations hence if you'll plan to dine and unwind around 7pm-ish, expect that the place will be crowded but the wait is not that bad.

Blog Ref:


No comments:

Post a Comment