8.04.2012

Toslob sa Oslob: The Whirlwinds of Whurl-sharks

I was awake by the early bleep of my mobile phone and as I've checked on whoever would that insomiatic soul would better be good.  Viola!  It was a text from Lex informing ZETS that there would be a possibility that the group can go and dive to see the whale sharks (how freakin' awesome would that be).  I was totally in the vibes to go catch the wave and hurriedly text him that I'm interested.

That was sort of a birthday treat for me as well.  There was a spruce of energy from me that I've quickly borrowed the digicam of my cousin and with the help of Ken2x's waterproof camera holder or whatever you call it. We can take photos of the sea creature (and I was so stunned with my idea I went day dreaming;lalalala).  Everything was packed and A okay to go.

As soon as we have arrived in South Terminal (bus terminal), it was only Lex,his wife and Noel who are there.  So we went off and I can't take off my mind of me diving and taking photos of the whale sharks (so much for that thought).  When we arrived the place was sooooo crowded with tourists and locals or should I say city people, who had rushed to experience the same thing am day dreaming of.  Good thing, where with Lex, who have ahem, by the way lots of connections, we've managed to get a contact who can accommodate us to experience the whale shark encounter underwater.  We've put on our sun blocks and had gotten the digicam to fit inside the waterproof camera holder but to our dismay it was absolutely no use hence it can't fit in (waaaaaaaaaaa;thank you eagerness and anticipation thank you).  What we did, we tried Ken2x's BB curve instead of the digicam.  Let me tell you, the photos are fantastic (yes am a bit exaggerating).  The unique thing was that, we don't rode on pump boats but a bamboo raft tighten to a banca, this was the case so that the whale sharks wouldn't be disturbed while they come towards us.  The fishermen fed them little crustaceans, I don't know if its really tiny shrimps but it looks like one.  As soon as they smell the crustaceans, they were like swimming towards us, there was this giant whale shark that by the time Noel was back flipping in the waters, the said whale shark had opened its wide mouth (so huge) and I like to touch it but there's a 10 commandments in regards to whale shark encounters.  I was definitely fascinated, like if its legal to get a whale shark at home I would definitely adopt one (seriously; I find them adorable).  We paid 100php each, that was way back January, I dunno today :).

Anyways, it's swimming time.

South Bus Terminal

looking too excited;LOL

scenery before going to Oslob

welcome to the island vibes

Noel, Ken2x, Lex, Lex's wife

harassing coconut trees

thank you sponsors: HABAGAT

10 Commandments

splash , splash on our raft

the whale sharks are coming

see the fins?

never under estimate the BB

the big mouth

stealth mode as can be

the epic photo;ahhhh


now heading to another adventure
 If you'll be with Lex Tyler the Great you'll be totally lost but in a National Geographic kinda lost.


 Fortress aka Baluarte

love fortress

inside the fortress







the road not less taken

sea breeze meets grasslands

hindi masyadong mahangin sa labas


dunno if this was supposedly be a dolphin or a serpent







their own version of park

am in england

true blue travelers






emotero


GQ models

St. Kend

inside the ruins









We ended our Oslob sojourn with a glass of halo-halo and long stretch of our patience for the Ceres bus.

So everyone, I'll give an O-S-L-O-B!

oh yeah!
P.S.
Now that my pc is now back to life, next post would be Caubian Island (I know, I know I've been blabbering bout it way back).


No comments:

Post a Comment