10.03.2012

Updated Post:so After 70 days then...My BB

 So this 70 days that they are telling you is just to make your heart pound and wrinkle your forehead because I have had my BB back for a week or so but right now there's something wrong with my plan since I did get an internet connection amt. of 200 php which is weird for me because on my previous bill it doesn't work that way.

Anyhoo, I've already contacted customer service and advised me to make a hard reset (x'ng fingers)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the course of this time and while am watching Glee S3 (yes, am watching it with emphasis), there's just this thing about marriage.  Well, not that I don't care about it or really desperate to be married, its just that a thought came to me that when is the right time to level up, how will I be during that time or on the process and what will be my reaction if he pops up the question.  There's these questions that just been buzzing in my head just a couple of minutes though.  It's sort of a discussion hang up last Saturday (another awaiting post btw) with our monthly meet ups and it really hang up on me.  This is just a thought of things, nothing really happening in the coming months (sigh).

Maybe this was just a hang up caused by my away BB Curve.  My postpaid 9220 BB Curve is in the confinement of Globe Telecom right now due to the fact that the LCD became fuzzy (fuzzey;if you want it a classy ghetto;LOL). So you might be wondering and looking at your let say BB's which I do think is not a Curve but still you have that concern face and well maybe there's a reader there that is actually not a BB user but still had looked and checked on his/her Nokia, HTC, LG, Sony, Samsung, iPhone or whatever mobile device your using (hopefully its not the analog type;too heavy and what do you know -the smaller the better) and had agreed that he/she had the same problem. It totally caught me off guard too, like I really thought that it wouldn't happen to my phone well, this was the first of all the phones that I had that had caught this kinda virus thing (of course the exemption of my way back Sony E;w/c was a wreck back then;first phone you know).

It all started when I was back from my sort of grand holiday of the year (w/c I will be posting maybe way too later) and was totally enjoying Resident Evil (I forgot what part;just remembered that its all about mutated zombies).  I've managed to bbm'd my close friend w/c is by the way not here in Phil. and we kept our commu through bb chat hence there's no extra charge unlike texting (no no to roaming) plus there's this tie up between Globe and Singtel (well, now you have the idea where I went;darn if you just can't get the clue;put your thinking caps on BLUE's GLUE).  Anyhow, I've tried to keep bbm'ng her to update regarding the thing that she needs my other friends to do and I've used Ken2x's BB (we have the same phone and plan;couple phone; :)) to bbm hence my BB was lowbatt and lo and behold, his profile sound was vibration and it did vibrated as soon as the bbm message from our friend and as soon as I've looked through my phone it just went dead (like a black hole in the space that sucked all the displayed color in my screen).  I didn't freaked out and just pushed on the power button which to tell you frankly my index finger had been a little bit sweaty.  Good news and bad news---good news, yay, it turned on, bad news was, there are several white lines in the screen.  It was like dissecting my BB screen to several rectangular shapes and so I've said to myself that this will just, you know go back to its usually awesome screen.  What I did the next day was charged it and as soon as it had been charged -bad news still, it still got those horrible and freakin' lines all over my BB screen, at first I wasn't going gaga and proceed with my life that day but later on, I thought my visions will be crapped with this plus this thing has its warranties and for me phones shouldn't be behaving like this after such minute vibration (is it?).  The next day I've tried searching online for a FAQ or a solution but bad news again, there's nothing in the net that solves such.  I've tried getting the battery out of the phone and putting it back but still nothing happened.  I've been doing reboots like a master IT guy or BB RIM guy but still nothing ever happened (wishing that it just like blink or something but nothing at all happened).  So we decided to go to Globe Telecom SM for them to check on it and see if they can help us about it.

not really this sad of a screen but almost

We waited for a couple of minutes for our number to be up on the screen for their customer service and Ken (same with my Ken2x), the customer service who had attended to our concerns.  Our first impression were right he was a newbie and you know new staff always have this limited knowledge or let's say option on hand (no puns intended).  I've explained to him what happened to my BB Curve and eventually he told me that they will get my phone (w/c was okay for me at first) but will be back in my hand for a long time hence they will be shipping it to Singapore.  You can just see the look of my face (my English mode was on), so I was like "So your telling me to wait for a long time just so you can send it to Singapore and just have it checked?, Seriously?!.  So why do you think that I've chose to get a postpaid plan in the first place?" and so his seatmate had butt in (thank you) and had mentioned about BB swap but the catch was it's only in Globe Telecom Ayala (darn;rolling of the eyes).  To cut my drama, we went straight to Ayala and talked it over to another customer service representative and had informed us that they will be getting the phone for a week and if ever they can't fix it they will be endorsing it to a BB swap.  Which was I was thinking but I have to wait for freakin' 70 days to get a new BB curve.  Not joking at all, as I did a repeat mode of the number, I thought I was just hearing 17 but no, he repeated it with a zero at the end ---70 days.  No choice and so I gave in.

not my photo and totally that's not me: Ayala Globe Telecom
Bye for now my fuzzy BB screen and HELLO to my brand new- scratch free BB Curve 9220 (well hopefully).

P.S.
This is a long PS though, I've told you that I've been searching online for some sort of solutions on fixing the fuzzy screen so here's a funny post that I've got from a site which is now nowhere to be seen.  The guy had totally started his thread in the forum with a suggestion of letting your BB fall earpiece first to a carpeted floor for several times until the screen problem is fixed hence his explanation was because of the battery connection or some sort of.  Now there are lots of consecutive comments to his post that they've done it and had worked but after let's say 10-15 positive comments to the suggestion, there's this one comment (w/c I would consider a sane comment of all) that says that maybe the first 10-15 positive comments where from the guy himself (the guy who had just posted the solution) since he tried it and worst his phone just went dead.  It's kinda funny because at the end the sane commenter had realized that dropping your phone even on a carpeted floor doesn't revive it back-bad thing is, it makes things messy (imagine picking up those screws and parts on the floor)

not my photo and seriously am not this brutal to any dead non working phone;just a representation

No comments:

Post a Comment