8.29.2012

TEA-some: Ever so Famous Starbucks

Who wouldn't know what and where a STARBUCKS is (duh?!), its like you wouldn't be knowing what a cafe is.  Ever since Starbucks empire was or is dominating the world, people make it sort of a trend. Your cool if your sipping your usual brewed coffee in Starbucks or you're like "sosyal" to many if your seen with your lappie in Starbucks.  

I wouldn't be that hypocrite that I'd definitely say in your face that I haven't stepped in the so called cafe' empire, in fact I'd find it relaxing to spend my/our leisure time away but frankly speaking I don't see Starbucks as an indicator of one's social status, but well, some PINOYS see it that way (again SOME).  Technically, you can't go there with only 5-10 php just to taste their exquisite coffees or their coolers/refreshers hence that amount won't even let you buy their lollies.  5-10 php is the estimated amount you can pay someone your even yourself, in preparing a 3n1 Nescafe.  So maybe, people are seeing it as a social status indicator hence you will definitely budge a good sum of money just to get the feel and taste of imported coffee.  Oh well, that's POP culture.


I've started this segment in my blog the "TEA-some" hence Ken2x and I been eating and most of all tea buddies.  Yes, we both have addiction to teas, and tea house slash cafes are slowly sprouting now in Cebu so that's the reason behind the "TEA-some" segment (aside from my Quickie post).  We will try to visit every tea house slash cafe here in Cebu and eventually judge if its worth the sip (wink).  Where no connoisseur but in this way we can share some information to readers and bloggers (tehehehehe).  

Just as I was writing this post, coincidentally my colleague had just informed me that today, Aug. 29, 2012 (lol with the exact date), Starbucks is having 50% off the price to all their beverages (wat da man) and I was so excited and that sudden excitement vanish to thin air as this "sale" thing is only up to 5pm.  Ken2x is off work at 7pm so its totally useless.  I wouldn't be buying his favorite Java chip then put it in the freakin' fridge just so it wouldn't melt for like 4-5 hours (haayyyy).

Enough procrastination, and hello to Starbucks Lapu-lapu.  Why in Lapu-lapu?  That's damn far from Cebu.  That's exactly why I like it there, hence its secluded and not so many trying hard customers are there (waaaa don't be that bad).  Okay fine, my main purpose again in visiting a tea house slash cafe is to relax/unwind so that's why Starbucks Lapu-lapu is the place to be.  Sure enough there are people coming, but not the snooty and loud teenagers (trust me I don't have it against teens but its just what I've experience in some Starbucks branches) and the wannabes.  But still, Starbucks attendants have a hard time getting my name, how hard is the name/word RED is (tsktsktsk) or is it my accent that's not audible or comprehensible.  Anyways, another reason is that Starbucks Lapu-lapu has a sentimental value for me (secret), plus going there gives me a reason to ride the ferry (i dunno am just easily attracted to salty water+waves).  

Its still the usual Starbucks treatment and taste. So I'll give it a rate of SIPPING like a BOSS.

i don't own this photo; this is just a representation of the rate above
Well, if you just need to hang out in a quite Starbucks and wants to be just a little far away from Cebu then you might like to try Starbucks Lapu-lapu.

        Mine: Green Tea while Ken2x: Dreamy choco something
P.S.
I'll be posting more of this addiction soon and oh, hey did I mention that I'll be creating another segment (tehehehe).  Just keep posted (squirmish smile;ew).

Starbucks' Lapu-lapu address:

Mactan Marina Mall
G/f Block E Island Souvenirs Bldg.,
Mactan Marina Mall Airport Road

No comments:

Post a Comment